Monday, May 18, 2009

Inspiration


The kids are missing their Dada. Mama is missing the other half of her brain and her heart. The chicken is getting restless and the wind is warm. The days, finally, are even warmer.

Tonight was a good one. This life is a good one. Who am I kidding. Sometimes, though, we're reminded more than others. I really wanted to go to see Shane Koyczan and the Short Story Long and Ari Neufeld. I went. I am glad. I sobbed. I had a friend to sob with. I feel fresh now. Open. Happy. Inspired. There was a lot of love in that room tonight. I am reminded that our arts, dispite the annual Elvis Festival, are vibrant in this little city. I am reminded to get out more. To sing more. To write more. Maybe even paint. Create.

I mentioned the chicken. We have ourselves a spraddle legged chick, named Licken. We're helping her(hopefully) along to become a healthy, happy hen. Nella is a definite liability to Licken's wellbeing, but with careful management, we expect her to pull through.

The mud is waiting of late, though the ideas and projects due are not. The laundry is a mountain but THESE are the moments we live for:



Many photos for a Dada far away. We miss you. Love you.

No comments: